The Bufo Foundation provides clear rules and guidelines for participants.
The following Terms and Conditions have been designed as a result of our practical experience, and serve to prepare guests for a positive and safe experience in ceremony.
The effects of Bufo may include temporary changes in your perception of reality and way of thinking, visions (of abstract motifs or clearly identifiable images and scenarios), heightened negative and positive emotions, access to detailed memories that you had forgotten, paranormal phenomena, the emergence of fears or difficult emotions (some of which may be associated with blockages in the body causing pain and tension), introspection, and perinatal or transpersonal experiences (in which you may experience your own death and rebirth).
On a physical level, you may experience nausea, vomiting, dry-heaving, chills, tingling, ringing in the ears, dizziness, diarrhea, tremors, sweating, ataxia, and, in rare cases, fainting.
We are committed to protecting your physical and emotional security, integrity, and privacy throughout the process, and intend to provide you with the psychological and physical support you need during the preparation phase, the ceremonies themselves, and the integration period afterwards.
Your participation in ceremony is entirely voluntary and you are free to opt out, if you wish, before the start of ceremony. You are also not obligated to smoke all of the Bufo that is served. It is smoked at your own discretion. However, you must follow the instructions of the facilitator at all times so that your safety is not jeopardized.
We may, at any time, decide to exclude you from participation in a ceremony for any perceived impairment in your physical or psychological health that risks leading to problems for you during the ceremony, or if you do not meet the requirements for participation for any other reason.
Working with Bufo is not a substitute for medical, psychiatric, or psychotherapeutic treatment, but may complement a therapeutic process and facilitate personal development. If you are currently receiving treatment of any kind or taking any medication, you must provide the full details of your situation prior to to booking a retreat or attending a ceremony with the Bufo Foundation
If you agree to participate in a retreat or ceremony, you will be required to complete a medical form and questionnaire upon booking. You must answer all questions honestly and to disclose any relevant personal information about your health.
If you participate in a retreat, for your personal safety and the safety of others your personal luggage and belongings may be searched for pharmaceutical or recreational drugs. If any pharmaceutical or recreational drugs are found on your person, you will be asked to leave the retreat without refund being issued
By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you also agree to the following Declaration, wherein “I” refers to “You”, the participant in the retreat.
By booking a retreat and attending ceremony you are legally agreeing to the following conditions and declaration.
❖ I am aware that participation in a retreat and ceremonies with the Bufo Foundation involves the use of Bufo Alvarius
❖ I understand that taking this medicine may involve emotional, psychological, and physical reactions, and I agree to take part and abide by the Terms and Conditions in this document and any other instructions given orally or in writing.
❖ I declare that I am choosing to participate of my own free will and have not been coerced into participating in a Bufo ceremony by the organizers or by any other person. The decision to participate is mine alone, and is based on my own personal assessment of the effects, the exclusion criteria, the potential risks and benefits, the focus of the ceremonies, and the team at the Bufo Foundation
❖ The facilitators from the Bufo Foundation have explained to me what to expect from the Bufo Ceremony and how it is intended to proceed. I am aware that I can ask questions about the ceremonies at any time and can change my mind about attending at any time before the ceremony begins.
❖ I agree to answer all questions honestly during the screening process, and understand that I must complete all medical questionnaires and respond to all follow up questions in order to participate in ceremony. I agree to provide all relevant information regarding my medical history, mental and physical health, and any other information that may serve to protect my health during this process.
❖ I have made the confidential disclosures requested by the Organizer and these are honest and accurate regarding my needs and condition(s). I understand that these will be kept in the strictest confidence. I reiterate my understanding of this by signing this form.
❖ I accept full responsibility for participating in Bufo ceremony and acknowledge that it is my decision to do so.
❖ I understand and agree that I can be excluded from participation in a Bufo Ceremony at the discretion of the facilitator.
This agreement is between the Bufo Foundation Facilitators (the Organizer) and You (the Participant).
By booking and attending a retreat you agree to all of the following items listed:
1. The Participant agrees to take part in Bufo ceremonies with the Organizer, has been advised that Bufo is a visionary psychedelic, and is clear on the meaning of this.
2. The Organizer will do their utmost to ensure the safety and comfort of the Participant within the remit of the Bufo Ceremony. The Participant, in turn, agrees to exercise caution and consideration for themselves and for others during this event, and indemnifies the Organizer against claims for injury or loss.
3. The Participant agrees to respect all individuals at all times. Overt negativity or disruptive negativity detracts from the experience of others.
4. The Organizer reserves the right to expel any individual who is acting in an excessively negative manner or disrupting the group, staff, and/or facilitators without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the retreat center.
5. If a Participant’s behavior presents a threat to the safety of themselves or others, the Organizer reserves the right to physically restrain the Participant and/or expel them from the retreat without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the retreat center. Restraint will be conducted as gently as possible and with respect for the dignity of the Participant.
6. Sexual activity between Participants and/or staff is strictly prohibited. Sexual activity between participants during retreat is also strictly prohibited.
7. The Participant, prior to entry into this Agreement, agrees to obtain health or medical advice as to the effect of Bufo Alvarius and in combination with any medication they are taking.
8. The Participant agrees that they are in a physical and mental condition appropriate to the activities described in this Bufo Ceremony and agrees to participate at their own risk. The responsibility for taking accurate and timely health precautions and professional medical advice is with the Participant.
9. The Participant agrees to full disclosure with the Organizer, in writing, regarding their health history, medical conditions, any medications they are taking, prior to booking. The Participant understands the pharmacological risks with taking medication combined with Bufo medicine, the dangers of any pre-existing health conditions and assumes full responsibility.
10. The Participant agrees to notify the Organizer of any change in their medical circumstances and understands that withholding medical information could be dangerous to their health.
11. The Organizer is not responsible for the personal decision of any guest to stop taking medication or change their medication schedule, and accepts no liability for any adverse effects from withdrawal from any medication.
12. The Participant confirms that they have not been diagnosed with any psychotic disorder, including schizophrenia, schizophreniform, schizoaffective, delusional, or bi-polar disorder.
13. The Participant understands and agrees to adhere strictly to the required diet, drug, and pharmacological restrictions required by the Bufo Foundation for one-night ceremonies.
14. If the Participant does not adhere to these Terms and Conditions as well as all restrictions required by the Bufo Foundation, the Organizer will not be held liable for the consequences (which can be severe psychological and energetic damage), and reserves the right to expel the Participant without prior notice, responsibility for a refund.
15. If the Participant is found to possess prescription drugs that have not been approved by the Organizer prior to their arrival, street drugs, or alcohol, the Organizer reserves the right to deny them entry to the retreat center and/or the Bufo ceremony or expel them from the Bufo ceremony without prior notice, responsibility for a refund.
16. The Organizer may require the Participant to take a drug or breathalyzer test prior to or during ceremony without prior notice or reason. If the Participant refuses to comply with the test, or the Organzier has sufficient reason to believe the drug and restrictions have not been adhered to, the Organizer then reserves the right to deny them entry to the Bufo ceremony and/or expel them from the retreat center immediately and without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the retreat center.
17. The Organizer is not liable for the injury of any Participant that may occur during or after the retreat. By participating in a retreat at The Bufo Foundation and accepting this Agreement, the Participant expresses full understanding of and responsibility for the risks that they may encounter during a Bufo ceremony. The Participant absolves The Organizer, The Bufo Foundation, its owners, and employees of said responsibility.
18. In the case of a medical emergency during a Bufo Ceremony, the Participant will be accompanied by the Organizer to a medical facility and the Participant's emergency contact will be contacted.
19. The Organizer reserves the right to expel any guest without prior notice, responsibility for a refund, or providing accommodation outside of the retreat center
20. Should the Organizer be unable to accept your application for any reason or a retreat be cancelled, we will refund your payment in full within 7 working days.
21. Should the Organizer suspect that you have not fully disclosed your medical history, substances or plant medicines used as outlined within the Bufo Ceremony guidelines, the Organizer withholds the right to refuse your entry into ceremony without a refund.
22. Should you wish to cancel your attendance within 30 days or more notice to a retreat, a full refund – minus processing fees of 6% will be given provided.
23. Cancellations within 30 days of the ceremony start date, refunds will only be given if the Organzier is able to refill your retreat spot. The Organzier will do their best to do so.
24. Request to move to another retreat date within 30 days of the retreat start date will only be granted without additional cost if the Organzier is able to refill your retreat spot. The Organizer will do their best to do so
25.The participant is required to sleep on site at the retreat center for the duration of the Bufo retreat program.
26. The Organizer complies with the following non-discrimination act. The Organizer agrees to treat and welcome all participants of any race, age, religion, gender, disability, sexuality or any other method of identification equally.
27. The Participant acknowledges that the Organizer complies to strict non-discrimination rules. The Participant agrees to non-discrimination and to treat all participants, workers and staff of any race, age, religion, gender, disability, sexuality or any other method of identification, equally. Failure to adhere to these rules could mean that the Participant is ejected from a given retreat without refund.
28. The Organizer's facilitators (Facilitators of the Bufo Foundation) function as guides and teachers. We offer ceremony for the purpose of spiritual communion.
The facilitators will never claim to be able to do anything of the following and will never do so under any circumstance:
1. Advice, diagnosis, prescription, or administering or applying any means destined as health care, even if it is offered without charge.
2. Offering tests or information designed to support the diagnosis, prescription, or administration in reference to number 1.
The Bufo Foundation is not a medical facility and no health care is practiced under its direction. Its owners and employees are not health care professionals and do not practice health care of any form.
29. The Organizer reserves the right to change, re-route, postpone or cancel a bufo retreat or ceremony for the purpose of ensuring the safety of the client, group, guide, staff and for any other reason or reasons.
Unless there is a specific complaint for leaving a retreat or program early that management deems legitimate, refunds are not given to anyone deciding to leave a retreat or program early for their own personal reasons
30. The Participant acknowledges that in booking a Bufo retreat that this constitutes as legally accepting these terms and conditions.
I acknowledge that I have voluntarily chosen to participate in the retreat referenced above. In so doing, I acknowledge that I may be subjecting myself to dangers and hazards that could result in illness, injury or death. I also acknowledge that there are inherent risks and dangers that may arise at any time during the trip and Bufo Ceremony. In addition, I am specifically familiar with and accept the risks of the dangers and hazards referred to in the trip and retreat information on this website. I am aware that certain medical services or facilities might not be available while I am participating in the Bufo ceremony
In consideration of my being permitted to participate in the retreat, I agree to assume all risks of illness, injury or death and agree not to sue and to release from liability and indemnify The Bufo Foundation, their owners, agents, employees, curanderos/shamans, contractors, and other persons or entities involved with this retreat, from all actions, claims or demands for injury, loss or damage, regardless of the cause, resulting from my participation in the retreat and / or change, cancellation, postponing or re-routing of any retreat program.
I understand that the Bufo Foundation may contract with independent contractors to provide services on this Bufo ceremony program, including transportation, travel services and guide services. I understand and acknowledge that The Bufo Foundation has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the actions of any independent contractors involved in providing any services at the retreat.
I agree that the local government body in the country of the retreat will be the forum for resolution of any dispute related to my participation in this retreat. The terms of this agreement shall serve as a release and assumption of risk binding on my heirs, executor, administrator and all members of my family. I have familiarized myself with all information provided to me about this Bufo ceremony program, and I agree to all stated conditions set forth in Terms & Conditions and Bufo Ceremony agreement, specifically including any information outlining my responsibilities and obligations as a Bufo Ceremony member.
Video and audio recordings that are provided to Bufo Foundation participants, talks and meditations are not to be reproduced by any Bufo ceremony participant and are solely for the purpose of your continued education. The course materials are not to be distributed online or by any other means.
I agree to pay for the cost of any evacuation or medical care.
I have carefully read this agreement and have been provided with adequate time and opportunity to discuss and review the same with duly qualified counsel.
I understand that it is a release of liability and a contract between me and the the Organizer, and/or its contracted tour operators or affiliated organizations, and I sign this agreement of my own free will.
If any part of this agreement is deemed unenforceable, all other parts shall be given full force and effect.